01:28
0
From Defeat to victory


Defeat of English--------------- victory of Ilyas soldier!
(With reference to William Slim ‘book defeat into victory’)
   I am Mohammad Ilyas recruited to royal Indian Army on 3rd June 1941, trained at Bangalore. I was posted to Sialkot, Quetta, Kolkata and then 15-indian signal corps stationed at Ranji (India). The corps was sent to Burma but it stopped at Chittagong (Bangladesh) and came back on july 1942 as it was newly established and incomplete.
                  
15-indian signal corps was hurriedly completed and sent to Burma in October 1943. I was in of 15-indian signal corps which then comprised 7, 5 division. In Burma the CORPS stationed at BAWLI BAZZAR. I was deputed to GOPI BAZZAR TELEPHONE LINE POST.
Form 4th June 1944 to 4th October 1944 everything was under control but on 4th October 1944 at 06:00 Local time I performed the routine communication check it was O.K.  At 08:00 Local time I heard and saw the Major Indian Water Transport Company who was positioned about 5-6 miles ahead of me  at Tung bazaar running bear footed and screaming at the top of his voice  Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! ……..................... Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! …………………………………                                                                   I said what happened??! He answered Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! ……................................................Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! ………………………
Japanese launched a big and vicious attack all our front line Divisions were surrounded! MORE THEN HALF OF MY COY MEN ARE KILLED!                                                                                                            Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! ……............................................................................................... Ilyas! ilyas! Run for your life! ……………………………………………   Japanese  are chasing us I said running will avail us nothing! But what he had seen was so frightening that repeating this (Ilyas! Ilyas! Run for your life! ……............................................. lyas! Ilyas! Run for your life!) he ran away along with his soldiersI quickly performed the communication check It was really surprising that all wireless, radios rely and telephone lines communication was cut! Again I performed communication check Except my special line all were DIS………….  Also mentioned on pages # 225-669 defeat in victory by Sir William Slim
I called through special line my Company Commander Major Mukhar Jee (Indian) asked where are you? I answered at my post he said in dismay save yourself and soldiers somehow and bring them out any ways! Enemy has reached and attacked our MAIN CORPS Headquarters. I said I don’t want to runaway! He said O.K in this case “I through you to the rear command as we are retreating to unknown place!
When I was contacted to the rear command, the operator asked “from where you are talking?” I answered FRONT LINE TELEPHONE LINE COMMUNICATION POST COMMANDER GOPI BAZZAR. He said FIELD MARSHAL has ordered that any front line communication “be through to me direct!” therefore I am transferring your call to the field marshal!                                                                         Field marshal asked me
Field marshal (Sir William Slim):   “who are you?”
Me: “TELEPHONE LINE COMMUNICATION POST COMMANDER GOPI BAZZAR”                                   
Field marshal (Sir William Slim):   “what is your rank?”
Me: “Lance Naik, sir”
Field marshal (Sir William Slim):   “how many persons are with you?”
Me: “four signal men”
Field marshal (Sir William Slim):   “retreat as the enemy has penetrated 20 mile behind you?”
Me: “Sir, if you help me I will not leave this place”
Field marshal (Sir William Slim):   “here are enemies everywhere! What can I do for you in the present circumstances?”
Me: “I want infantry! I will tell them safe route”
Field marshal (Sir William Slim) smiled:   “O.K do prepare and brief me?”
Me: “O.K, SIR”!
Thereafter Field marshal (Sir William Slim) contacted inquired every 15 minutes!
Main points:
1.      All our front line divisions were surrounded.
2.      All communication was cut, wireless jammed and telephone line cut.
3.      Divisions destroyed
4.      CORPS Headquarters was forced to retreat
5.      Forces were retreating up to 80 miles a day!!
6.      British heavy guns were abandoned by the gunners deputed!
7.      Our guns and ammunition was being used on/against us!!!!!!!!!!!
8.      Enemy was announcing its victory repeatedly “
9.      Enemy propaganda “Delhi fall any moment!!!
10.  Our sweet Field marshal (Sir William Slim) was weeping



0 comments:

Post a Comment